Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Hero

Today, as I was driving home during rush hour traffic {think very busy / several lanes} I saw a turtle trying to cross the road...

Crazy turtle.

The semi in front of me managed to pass over him {going to call it a "him" because a female turtle would have the brains to wait until the traffic died down} with out doing damage but when it came my turn I knew I had to stop or else he would end up smooshed.

I refuse to smoosh a turtle.

So, like I said I stopped and in doing so held up all of the traffic behind me {it was a longggg line} Just as I got out of my car, a tall, handsome {no, I'm not fabricating to make the story more interesting, this guy was hot} young man whistled from the other side of the busy road and motioned for me to get back in my car. He proceeded to dodge on coming traffic, grab the turtle and bring him to safe land.

"Your awesome!" I shouted out my car window to which he replied with a big smile.
And then I headed home.

The turtle was safe

I felt relieved

And the hot guy knew he was appreciated.

It was a very pleasant way to end the work day

2 comments:

  1. I would have done the same thing. I love any living, breathing creature.

    Except I know for a fact that my "hot" guy would not have been a hot guy at all. He would've been a "creature" for sure.

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely anecdote. :) Reading this made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin